Thursday, May 3, 2007

Mookie - Soooooo close!

EDIT: It was late at night (close to 2am EST) so here's some unfinished business. I'll post a recap of some of my suckouts later. Also, Schaubs, thanks for the support at the final table! I hope you guys all had fun last night. Also, Mookie, thanks for hosting the tournament!

EDIT Part 2: Forget my recap. Go check out the live blog of the tournament. Very entertaining. Mclarich did a fantastic job with the live blog. Some parts are actually hilarious. And the bubble time was crazy... I thought we would never get to the final table... Pushing with the worse hand was key...

Let me start off by saying this... I got uberlucky in this tournament. I'm not gonna lie. Towards the end, I was able to make a few key bluffs to stay alive but to get there, I had to catch a few 4 outers, maybe some 3 outers and definitely one 2 outer to get there. Now some may say you have to win the races to get to the final table or to win... Hell, I had to win some dominated races to get there... but, I got there. And once I got to the final table, I was fortunate enough to make the best of it and this is how it ended.



A win would have been sweet but I'm actually pleased with how well I've done in these tournaments. Well, another late night for me... I'm gonna be hurting at work tomorrow...

8 comments:

AnguilA said...

Hi there!

Sounds familiar that financial reporting job in a large corporation...
I have to do the 2nd Quarterly report in July so this year I can't even think about going to the WSOP...(unless i quit my job)...do you have a similar problem or will you be able to go?

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

Hey,
Thanks for the comment. Yeah, it's very unlikely that I will be in Vegas for the WSOP Main event in July because of my job. However, it's even more unlikely that I will qualify for it so I'm actually considering going out there in June for one of the preliminary events. We'll see. I'd like to qualify for a tournament if I'm gonna go out there!

Fuel55 said...

Nice work.

Schaubs said...

Good job Alan. You played the bubble well.

TripJax said...

Congrats man. I've had many a tournament I've won or final tabled that would not have happened had I not made a key suckout at some point.

I can feel karma getting closer to my side soon. Good luck and see you at the tables...

TripJax said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TripJax said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TripJax said...

sorry about all the comments...i kept hitting submit and nothing was happening, but obviously something was happening. i'm a tard...