Sunday, May 6, 2007

Monday morning blues...

I hate Mondays.

No, I really do. I know, a lot of you probably feel the same way. It's the beginning of the work week. After an all too short weekend, the dreaded Monday is here upon us, with the alarm clock rudely waking you up to confirm the dreaded fact... it's Monday and you have to get ready for work. I feel like on Mondays, it takes me extra long to get ready for work. It takes me longer to get out of bed. After a weekend of no shaving (and sometimes no shower - hey, haven't you heard of "no shower sundays"??? Mrs Recess hates it), that's just another chore that I have to take care of.

As I sit here at work, trying to motivate myself to get some work done, I notice that I've already made 3 trips to the "kitchen" for coffee. I noticed I'm checking out the other blogs, hoping that they've been updated (some have, some haven't). And now, here I am, posting something only because I want to delay the inevitable... work.

I wish I had more to talk about in terms of a weekend recap but this weekend was not so poker heavy. Aside from the live cash game I played, not much online poker was played. Sure a couple of hours both Sat and Sun but nothing too crazy. I guess I can discuss some of the hands that went down during the live cash game but I don't recall anything outrageous... oh, except this one quote. "If someone goes all in for that much money (ie like $40), I'd think about it even if I had pocket aces." WHAT!? Mind you, this is a preflop discussion we're having... well, this was the same guy that thought for like 3-4 minutes before calling my all in (late in a tournament) with KK... I mean, isn't that an insta-call? His reasoning for thinking? Cuz his girlfriend told him he needs to tighten up. Um, ok. To each their own, I suppose.

Alright, I've already posted several nonpoker related material so I need to get this blog back on track and get back to poker. So, here's a big hand that I was in last night while playing online. I guess the main question would be, would you be able to fold an overpair on a relatively safe looking board???

Full Tilt Poker Game #2366702250: Table John D'Agostino - $2/$4 - No Limit Hold'em - 18:11:17 ET - 2007/05/06
Seat 1: Brencoto ($170.80)
Seat 2: fjtfro ($759.40)
Seat 3: PoorNapoleon ($535.60)
Seat 4: Juhulius ($195.10)
Seat 6: Stockzilla ($400)
Seat 7: Bunkbeds ($400)
Seat 8: RecessRampage ($390)
Seat 9: spiderman1962 ($183.80)
Brencoto posts the small blind of $2
fjtfro posts the big blind of $4
The button is in seat #9
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to RecessRampage [Qd Qc]
PoorNapoleon folds
Juhulius calls $4
Stockzilla calls $4
Bunkbeds folds
RecessRampage raises to $22
spiderman1962 folds
Brencoto folds
fjtfro folds
Juhulius folds
Stockzilla calls $18
*** FLOP *** [Jc Th 4c]
Stockzilla checks
RecessRampage bets $42
Stockzilla calls $42
*** TURN *** [Jc Th 4c] [3d]
Stockzilla checks
RecessRampage bets $120
Stockzilla raises to $336, and is all in
RecessRampage calls $206, and is all in
Stockzilla shows [Jd Jh]
RecessRampage shows [Qd Qc]
Uncalled bet of $10 returned to Stockzilla
*** RIVER *** [Jc Th 4c 3d] [Ts]
Stockzilla shows a full house, Jacks full of Tens
RecessRampage shows two pair, Queens and Tens
Stockzilla wins the pot ($787) with a full house, Jacks full of Tens

Should I have folded here? In terms of his holdings when he pushed on the turn, the only hand that seemed to have made sense was pocket 4s or 10-J for two pair. I also thought maybe he was making this play with KQ or 8-9 of clubs. AJ is also a possibility. I considered folding here but I thought maybe that's a little too tight and that I'm giving this player's hand a little too much credit. Any thoughts?

Tonight is Mondays at the Hoy (password hammer)at 10pm EST. I hope to have another strong showing here to continue my personally surprising run at this leaderboard.

Alright... I guess I need to start working at some point so now is as shitty time as any to start. I'm out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I'd have to think about $40 if I had pocket Aces"

"I don't know that I want to call a pre-flop all in with KK because I told my girlfriend that I wouldn't play too loose"

Two of the most odd (euphemism) things i've ever heard at a poker table.