Monday, October 22, 2007

I'm gonna rant...

So, if you don't want to read all the bitching I'm about to do, now would be a good time to stop reading.

Ok, you've been warned.

What a fuckin day this was. Mondays suck in general. When shit doesn't go your way, it's even worse. What a fuckin waste of a day. First of all, I was at work till like 9:30 (I did take a quick dinner break) tonight and I got home just in time for the MATH. And I don't even know why I bothered. Basically, I couldn't get anything going and I, unlike many of these participants couldn't draw out on a two outer so I go home when my 99 can't beat TT. Sorry, I don't even remember who busted me. Does it matter?

Actually... just as I typed it, I remembered. It was RaisingCayne. Apparently, I'm not pissed enough to not link him...

So then, in one of my fantasy football leagues (I'm 1-5 in that league), I got LJ, Reggie Bush, and Ronnie Brown... of course, Brown goes out when the idiot QB for Miami throws a pick and so Brown tackles the guy... and now he's out for the season. Fabulous. Anyways, so I'm up by like 17 pts going into Monday Night Football and my opponent has Peyton Manning and Dallas Clark going. That alone might seem like I'm in trouble except I have David Garrard going so I figured at least he could help me out... except he gets hurt before halftime and didn't play the entire second half. And as if the fantasy gods are spitting on my dead body, Peyton completes a pass to fuckin Clark for a TD. Fabulous. I'm 1-6 in that league so obviously, my season is over. One of my best RBs done and who knows if I'll even have a QB next week. Aw, fuck it. What do I care.

At least I was able to hold off Ryan who also had Peyton going tonight. That's what you get for starting a bunch of Steelers on your team, just to spite me (and it worked... I couldn't entirely cheer for the Steelers last night... I attribute their loss to my not giving 100% in cheering for them).

And speaking of the Steelers... what the fuck are they doing? I love how few weeks ago, all the idiots were talking about how Steelers are definitely playoff bound. And I was NOT on that boat. I kept saying that they hadn't played anyone. Even worse, they lost to Arizona... well now, they fuckin lost to Denver and so they're 4-2. Tied with the god damn Ravens and only one game ahead of the Browns. Mike Tomlin better step it up soon or else there will be some seriously unhappy people in Pittsburgh (and in Richmond).

What a fuckin start to the week. Fuckin Peyton Manning.

7 comments:

Shrike said...

At least you didn't implode with a big chiplead like I did. Sooooo frustrating, and I have only myself to blame.

jamyhawk said...

I don't know if you'll like this or not: But this is one Funny Post! LMAO.

And go Broncos!

Anonymous said...

Glad the new job is treating you well.

Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Playing fantasy football is like playing a massive 1-cent rebuy tournament with a 5-hour rebuy period. And doing it with the pokerstars riverserver.

I also lost in one league this week thanks to Jay Cutler basically doubling his seasons' td output in a single game on Sunday, and in the blogger league when the Giants defense scored I think 9946 fantasy points because Fanball hasn't got a fucking clue how to do fantasy scoring. That is seriously the worst site I have ever seen, heard of or read about anywhere for fantasy football.

I hope Fanball gets AIDS. Please.

Schaubs said...

I love Fanball! IT is very flexible and can be set to be as fair or as unfair as you want Hoyboy.

Peyton rules!! Who knew QB's would be the top 4 point getters. What was all this "stock up on RB's" strategy...

I have Ronnie in my other FF keeper league and my first place divisional lead is now going to come to a crashing halt.

RaisingCayne said...

I do recall winning with TT vs. your 99! (Sorry 'bout that.) That was my only highlight of the tournament, as the eventual winner jjok decided to take every other pot I was involved in away from me! Hope to see ya in the RiverChasers tonight... (as I missed the Mookie!)

Anonymous said...

ESPN is by far the best FFL platform....anything less....is uncivilized. Tough break in the Indy game last week.
Still in first place in both my leagues (shameless plug).
Back on "the Net" on Thursday. I will then be donating to the FT cause.

PouringReign