Saturday, July 7, 2007

Tournament report

Before I start, a quick public service announcement here. Mrs Recess, who had relatively short hair has been growing her hair out because she wants to donate to Locks of Love.



Me personally, I like her with her hair longer. Very hot, IMO. But, one day, her hair will be cut short again, even though she assures me that she'll grow her hair out a little longer so that even after she cuts her hair, it will still be relatively long. I hope so. :) For those of you that don't know, Locks of Love is an organization that collects hair to make wigs for cancer patients. I visited their website and a lot of kids are the ones donating hair because they want to help other kids who have cancer. Amazing how they can clone pigs these days and yet can't figure out how to cure cancer that's been around for as long as I've been alive.

Alright, on to some poker stuff. Today, I decided to focus my efforts on tournaments. Played 3 SNG's and 3 MTT's. Believe me, for me, that's a lot. On the SNG front... Played the $11+1 6 max SNG, $11+1 Turbo SNG, and $8+.70 18 player token SNG.

In the $11+1 Turbo, I was doing fairly well, chipping up nicely when this hand went down... For all you tournament players, I don't know how you put up with this garbage day in and day out...

FullTiltPoker Game #2877318737: $11 + $1 Sit & Go (Turbo) (21953760), Table 1 - 80/160 - No Limit Hold'em - 13:53:31 ET - 2007/07/07
Seat 2: bazily2k (1,630)
Seat 3: RecessRampage (2,480)
Seat 4: Jackson1974 (900)
Seat 5: DJ SPURS (2,015)
Seat 6: whatdafukman (2,500)
Seat 8: ACESDRAWN (3,025)
Seat 9: poussardr1 (950)
DJ SPURS posts the small blind of 80
whatdafukman posts the big blind of 160
The button is in seat #4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to RecessRampage [Ks Qh]
ACESDRAWN calls 160
poussardr1 folds
bazily2k folds
RecessRampage raises to 480
Jackson1974 folds
DJ SPURS raises to 800
whatdafukman folds
ACESDRAWN folds
RecessRampage calls 320
*** FLOP *** [5h 9s Qs]
DJ SPURS has 15 seconds left to act
DJ SPURS bets 1,215, and is all in
RecessRampage calls 1,215
DJ SPURS shows [2h Kh]
RecessRampage shows [Ks Qh]
*** TURN *** [5h 9s Qs] [6h]
*** RIVER *** [5h 9s Qs 6h] [4h]
DJ SPURS shows a flush, King high
RecessRampage shows a pair of Queens
DJ SPURS wins the pot (4,350) with a flush, King high

First off, DJ SPURS have been very active. So I'm sure he was going for the resteal. I don't care about that. But the runner runner flush rubbed me the wrong way. That crippled me and I was out shortly thereafter.

I donked out of the 6max but I won the token in the $8+.7 SNG so after 3 SNG's, net ($6.70).

I played in the Daily Double A and B and after my flopped nut flush got cracked by a boat that got there on the river (money all in on the turn), I was crippled but not out. I fought hard, started making a slow comeback to about 600 chips (I was down to 180 but fortunately, blinds were low) and I shoved with AK. Got called by A9. 9 on the flop sends me home. All this got me pissed and so I tilted my money away in the other one.

Fortunately, I regrouped and decided to play the token frenzy. I wasn't getting anything early on and so I decided to follow the advice of the other bloggers and started shoving with a wide range from many different positions. That kept me afloat until I caught some hands and chipped up nicely. Got to play with Smokkee on the same table for a while. He saw me get lucky a few times. Hey, lucky is key. Especially in these turbo donkaments. In the end, this is what it looked like.



So, net from MTTs is +$38. Total of +$31.30 from tourneys. Oh yeah, dabbled in some cash games for like an hour. Results? +$190. Why do I play tourneys again??? :)

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend! And good luck to Lucko, Fuel55, Cmitch (not sure if he's playing or not), and Sprstoner in the WSOP. I'm sorry if I missed any other bloggers that are playing in the Main Event (I'm assuming Chad is not playing). Make us proud!

2 comments:

Mike Maloney said...

I keep saying, the $75 Token Frenzy is by far the easiest tournament in poker. I think I've only missed out on a token once.

And I still don't understand how to win consistently in those $11 Turbos. I can sit down and play a regular $10 S&G and cash/win with some regularity, but I just don't get what the 'right' strategy is in the Turbos. I guess hands like that are why I don't get it.

Oh, and short hair is where it's at, quit talking crazy.

Matt said...

Alan,

Here's how you deal with a hand like that:

1. Add his name to your player search.

2. Take his money for the next 10 games.

3. Watch hilarity ensue as he proceeds to unregister everytime he sees your name in the player list.

IMO, it's hands like that one that keep me coming back to these SNG (well, that and the paltry bankroll).

Honestly, any game that even I can beat regularly has to be one of the easiest around!