Friday, March 2, 2007

Quest for WSOP 2007 starts!

Apparently, it's already that time of the year. Well, on some other sites, it's started a few weeks ago but now, Full Tilt is starting their satellites and qualifiers for the 2007 WSOP including the main event as well as all their preliminary events. Last year, I was so close to qualifying for the Main Event. This year, I will try to actually play in as many satellites as possible. I am also actually interested in playing in the preliminary events so basically, I'll try to qualify for any WSOP related events. It's no secret that my tournament game needs a lot of help so hopefully, playing numerous times over the course of the next 3 months will let me gain some ground. One interesting qualifier that Full Tilt has is a freeroll that they have each week for players earning 3000 FTP points in a week. Now 3000 points is A LOT. I play a fair amount at a mid-level hold'em table and I multi table and I still don't get 3000 points in a week. But then again, this just means that I have to log in more hours over the weekend. The only thing I need to be careful is that historically, I play awful when I am playing for points (I keep playing even when I'm not focused enough or just not feeling it because, well, I need the points). I will try to be careful there. But I need to qualify for the WSOP and I really think I can. I was in Vegas last year during the WSOP and played in the cash games while the WSOP was going on against some of the internet qualifiers. Now, I know the cash games and tournament games are different but none of these guys made me think "wow, this guy is really good... no wonder he qualified." Actually, if anything, there were some people that I questioned how in the hell did they qualify. Full Tilt also has a bunch of other qualifiers so if you are thinking about opening an online account, now is the time to do it. Oh yeah, and if you're gonna open an account, feel free to click on the banner here and enter my bonus code. :)

No comments: