Saturday, March 3, 2007

Fight for poker! And get free money!

I'm not going to discuss the whole debacle with the unlawful internet gambling act again because I've talked about it on my previous posts at length. But we all know that this is a problem, it was a bullshit move by a politician who is no longer in politics. Nonetheless, the move worked and so someone's gotta stand up to preserve the rights of the people in this country. More importantly, it's to fight for the freedom to choose. Choose to play poker online or not should be an individual's choice, not a government's choice. You can't call this a free country and take away the freedom of choice by people... uh oh, I'm starting to get pissed off again. Bill Frist is an asshole. Ok, that actually made me feel better. Now on to why I am actually posting this.



Full Tilt is doing a promotion where if you go through their website and donate money to the Poker Players Alliance (and be sure to check out the PPA website), then they give you bonus money that you can earn. If you just join the PPA, then Full Tilt will put you in a freeroll tournament and it doesn't cost you anything. If you would like to donate money, then full tilt will actually give you a bonus. In other words, you donate money to a cause that you believe in (if you choose to do so) and after you earn the required number of points (in other words, if you continue to play poker), they just deposit that bonus money directly. It's actually nice. I mean I donated $100 to the PPA and yesterday, I completed the points requirement on Full Tilt so I got an email from them, saying they deposited $200 into my account. That's a $100 profit without doing anything AND I got to help out the cause I believe in. Here's the chart that shows the correlation between the amount of donation and the amount of bonus FTP will give you.





For more details about this promotion, go visit http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/ppa-promotion.php. If you want to know more about what PPA will do for you, visit the PPA website and again, that is http://www.pokerplayersalliance.org/. Brief summary of what the organization does is it sends letters to the Congress on behalf of you, etc. I remember last year, I got a letter back from Senator Cantor of VA thanking me for the letter of concern regarding the UIGEA. Well, that letter was a letter I never personally wrote but it was on behalf of me from the PPA. Now, this isn't going to be for everyone and I understand. But for those of you who are frustrated with the fact that the government is trying to take control of your personal choice of whether to play online poker or not, this is a good way to fight and stand up for your rights. So, at least this is still your choice. And I just wanted to get the word out.

No comments: