Wednesday, March 28, 2007

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!! WSOP, I can almost taste it!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...

Wow, that actually made me feel better... and all I did was hold down shift+A... nice. In my WSOP Main Event attempt, I came so close... as I described in my post here. Well, tonight, I just decided to play in the Bracelet race, being inspired by Hoy's post. Well, I played relatively straight up poker, waiting for good hands but pressing when I felt that I had the better hand. I was also fortunate that I was at a table full of tight players for a while so I opened up my game a little (and only a little) but that helped me take down a lot of uncontested pots to help my stack. When we hit the final table, my stack was pretty much in line with everyone else.



I tried to open up my game and I succeeded here and there until I started getting a little out of line when it was down to 5 people and got another guy all in with my A6, just to see him turn over QQ. No bad beat crippled my stack so I went all in with my short stack with K8, and what do you know, I get one caller with QQ. However, this time, I flop two pair and so I have my stack back up to around 16000 which was still a little short but not too bad. However, we get our money all in when I have AJ sooooooooooted... and what do you know, I run into QQ again! No luck for me this time and I bust out 5th... I thought only 4 places paid so this message was strangely soothing...






But so close... top 2 places qualified for one of the prelim events at WSOP...



Soooooooo close.... and yet so far...

4 comments:

Schaubs said...

wow, that is really still very good for one of your first attempts? Did you satellite or buy in directly? How much.

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

Yeah, this is my second attempt in the actual WSOP attempts. I bought in using one of the $75 tokens I won in the 18 person $24+2 SNGs they have. I try to play that SNG once a night, generally, it's pretty money. Top 5 gets the token and 6th gets like $57. In other words, 1 in 3 players get paid and the players are pretty bad. And this is coming from me... a self-proclaimed terrible tournament (esp SNG) player.

Fuel55 said...

Alan - my direct email is fuel55 at veltheer dot com

my biggest complaint with 21Sean on hand 2was a big lead and call of RR on river. He should have check called for less or check folded. He was clearly beat.

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You may , perhaps very interested to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no initial capital needed You may start to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with structures around the world.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

I feel good, I started to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a correct companion utilizes your money in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://evitorij.greatnow.com/qazegij.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to become rich