Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Never doubt the power of the bloggers!

For those of you that read Fuel55's blog I'm sure there are two schools of thought. One is probably the "wow, this guy is killing a high level NL game and his posts are interesting" vs the other which is probably the "this guy only brags about the monster pots he rakes in." Well, I think if you're in the second camp, there's probably a lot you're not picking up on. I think there are some good strategy tips in his posts (not all but quite a few) and along the way, I find the whole "Presto is gold" and "Flopped straights always lose" posts strangely amusing. Well this hand came up and so I have got to share it.

In honor of Fuel55, "Presto is Gold!" (First and only time I'll use it... hopefully Fuel won't mind if I "borrow" it) - and I'll even edit it like he does:

FullTiltPoker Game #2084889494: Table Bunch Grass - $2/$4 - No Limit Hold'em - 23:06:19 ET - 2007/03/27

*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to RecessRampage [5s 5d] *First thing I thought of was Fuel... that's sad and shady at the same time...
I call $4 from MP
CO-1 calls
SB folds
BB raises to $28 (big raise!! AK or trying to protect his big pocket pair?)
I call *BB was deep so his reraise was still a perfect setup for set mining
CO-1 calls *this is just bonus
*** FLOP *** [Kd 5c 6c]
BB bets $48 *Smallish bet considering the pot had over $80. Worried about a set???
RecessRampage raises to $120 * Presto IS gold! If BB has KK what a cooler... oh wait, Presto is gold
CO-1 folds
BB calls $72 *Perfect. He clearly has AK or AA and if he's calling this bet, he's not gonna be able to let it go.
*** TURN *** [Kd 5c 6c] [Ts]
BB bets $220 *Interesting bet because this pretty much commits him. Either KK or this was just a bad bet.
RecessRampage raises to $440 *looks like his whole stack is about to be mine!
BB calls $98.60, and is all in
RecessRampage shows [5s 5d]
BB shows [Ac Ah] *Boooooom!
Uncalled bet of $121.40 returned to RecessRampage
*** RIVER *** [Kd 5c 6c Ts] [4s]
RecessRampage shows three of a kind, BB shows a pair of Aces
RecessRampage wins the pot ($960.20) with three of a kind

I left the table with 3.5x the buy-in. Nice!

4 comments:

Schaubs said...

Nice one. Presto, truly is gold.

Fuel55 said...

A thing of beauty. Presto cracks AA a lot: http://fuel55.blogspot.com/2007/03/presto-is-gold-part-41.html

Fuel55 said...

And yes I do lose a lot of pots. Worst one of the last week was $6800 all in on turn Q742 rainbow with AQ - opponent has QJ. River J.

Anonymous said...

sick hand. Fuel's bad beat above reminds me of a beat I took at the Seminole the other night. Down to five at an SNG (140 buy in which is the minimum). I'm forced to go all in in early position with 6/6 (I was running out of chips). I get one caller. He's got 7/7 so I am WAY behind obviously. Nothing on the flop. Turn comes 6. Amazing! The whole table shouted and all the tables around us started to look over. River came 7. Another set of screams....led by yours truly. Not a bad beat obviously but it was my first tourney at the Seminole and having that 6 followed by a 7 was just brutal. That's all I got .... for now.