Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Lunch Break

Ok, so here I am, sitting in my cube during my lunch break. Recently, actually, primarily this week, I've been staying in the office to eat lunch that I get from what they call a "cafeteria" downstairs. Considering the lack of choices, I don't think it even qualifies as a cafeteria and as for the food itself, it's a hit or miss with more misses than hits. But, it's cheap and it's quick and it's easy. I just blasted through my sweet and sour chicken with rice as I'm listening to the Jim Rome show. And basically, that is why I'm staying in the office this week. Noon to 3pm eastern time is when Rome comes on and generally, I'm not quite as dedicated to his show but this week is Superbowl week. He's kicking it down in Miami and the list of interviewees that he's got is sick. For me, the highlight was Hines Ward yesterday but I also like Chad Johnson who is coming up now... I'm hoping this will be a funny interview.

So, while I entertain myself with the premier sports radio show, I do a lot of browsing on the internet. And naturally, I discovered something I already knew. Which I guess one could argue that if you know it, there's nothing to discover. But I also wanted to know what other poker blogs are out there. And there are some entertaining ones with a lot more glamour and glory than my measily blog here. Here are some examples:

www.pokercash.blogspot.com
www.frazwood.blogspot.com

And those are two very different styles of blog, one is a major winning player, another is more like me but with even smaller stakes. Their writing styles are different and I just find them both interesting. I always think Negreanu's blog (the link is on the sidebar) is very entertaining especially when he talks about his personal life. I remember reading one time about how he was playing golf and he bets like $5,000 per hole. And the best part is, he shoots like 105-110! Then the other day, he was talking about it on High Stakes Poker and how he would go play with some people who claims that that's their usual score and they all have a "game of their lives" and shoot like mid 80's. That's good stuff. My "game of my life" would be like if I break a 100... Hey Daniel, how bout $5 a hole?

Ok, so as I'm typing, I'm listening to the ocho cinco interview. This guy's interview is boring. He has a lot of entertaining ideas on the football field and all the trash talk that he does but man, this interview is now dragging. Rome is trying so hard to make something out of nothing here...

No comments: