Monday, January 29, 2007

Fighting the cold...

Last Wednesday, I had to leave work early because I didn't feel so good. I just felt like I was coming down with a cold so I wanted to go home, get some rest, and take care of my body before I actually come down with a cold... well, I guess I was on the losing end of the battle. I woke up on Thursday feeling worse than I did on Wednesday. So, I called in sick and slept most of the day. Friday, I felt better but since I started having some nasty coughs and I wasn't 100%, I decided to work from home. I was able to work for maybe 5-6 hrs but then I got really really tired so I went to sleep. All weekend, I was getting better and I was able to do a few things here and there but my energy level was no where near my normal levels. There would be streaks where I would feel much better, followed by periods where I feel kinda dizzy, really tired, and just worn out. One good thing about being sick is that it gives me an excuse to do nothing and just chill out. I was able to catch up on some of the shows that I recorded on my DVR. Which is good because I just don't have enough time to watch all the shows I want to watch. Thank god I don't have HBO. Crack TV. In my previous job, I used to travel a lot and when I did, I'd be in my hotel room, watch a few shows on HBO like Curb Your Enthusiasm and Entourage... and then I'd come home to no HBO and I'd be going through like withdrawals... I mean it's addicting. Those are great shows that you get totally hooked on. But anyways, so I don't have that and so now, the only shows that I watch are Heroes and Friday Night Lights. Actually, to be honest, I wasn't interested at all in Heroes until I watched one episode and then got hooked. And then the last episode was early December and new one wasn't coming out till late January. So, then I kinda lost interest but DVR automatically tapes it. So, while I was home sick, I watched it, and remembered why I got hooked on the show. Friday Night Lights... well, I'd pretty much watch any show with football in it. The only other show that I was kinda curious about but haven't seen is 24. I hear from all my friends that that is a great show. And apparently Negreanu likes it too cuz he talks about it on his blog a lot. I just don't know that I have enough time to get hooked on to another show.

One other thing I noticed is that my DVR is pretty much dominated with poker shows... Aside from the above two shows, my DVR was 80% full and it was filled with many episodes of High Stakes Poker, Poker After Dark, and Professional Poker Tour. I have Seasons 2 and 3 (of the 3 seasons out) of WPT. And I watch that often. One thing I like about the WPT DVDs is that they also have commentaries by professionals. Like in Season 2, there's one event that Erick Lindgren won and it was a heads up match at the end against Negreanu. Now it's well documented that they are great friends and that was actually one of the ones that Negreanu and Lindgren does a commentary on. It was interesting to listen to them talk about why they made certain plays, what was going through their minds when they did what they did as they treaded through the final table. That was interesting as well as one where Esfandiari and Phil Laak (another pair of good friends) were doing the commentary. They weren't as good as the Negreanu/Lindgren commentaries but still, very interesting. If anything, it's actually very entertaining to listen to them.

So, it was nice to catch up on all my TV viewings but quite frankly, I'm ready to get back into my normal routine... which really aren't any different but I just want my energy level to get back to normal. As I sit here during my lunch break, writing this blog, I'm feeling pretty tired... and I've only been at work for 4 hrs... At least the next 3 hrs will be easy to kill. I generally listen to the Jim Rome show from noon to 3. He's down in Miami (Sia, are you gonna go check that out?) for the Superbowl week and his interview list this week is sick. He just got done with Donald Driver, I know Ocho Cinco and Hines Ward are coming on later in the week, Ronnie Brown later, etc. Great, great interview week. I can't wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm actually supposed to go to the super bowl media party tomorrow night, but the pesky bar exam is giving me second thoughts. I'd love to meet Rome (assuming he's there of course). I'll keep you updated.