Saturday, February 17, 2007

FTOPS #8 - Pot Limit Hold'em.... Finally!

I hate putting a title that makes it seem like I did something special... because I didn't. However, I did manage to cash in this event and since this is the first one that I've cashed in, "finally" seemed appropriate. This was a pot-limit hold'em game which played to my strengths a lot more because early on in the tournament played a lot more like a cash game since someone couldn't make a ridiculous overbet like in NLH so you actually had to play the flop, the turn, and the river like you would in a cash game. But, when I saw the starting table, I wasn't too excited to see this...



A pro (Berry Johnston) to my left and last night's FTOPS champion (in the gold jersey avatar). Great start. But, regardless of my results, I'm a confident player and so this really didn't bother me as much.


I'm not going into any key hands or any thing here. Nothing too crazy. I was running well and I was like top 20 with about 150 people remaining (top 150 cashed)... and then a few hands later, I got dealt AQ of spades from the small blind so I reraised the initial raiser who was also short (his M was a little short of 5). He called with his KK that held up and though that didn't cripple me, that put me on a slippery slope towards the inevitable bust out at 100th place several hands later...


The tourney started at 9pm and I busted out around 1am... 100th place prize was $293.12... so frustrating. But at least I didn't go through the entire FTOPS without cashing... yep, the glass is half full!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And yet you still haven't cracked any skulls at the 4603 ;)

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

Yeah, hopefully, that's about to change tonight!