Wednesday, October 1, 2008

dfljafjasdjfkljaljfkljasdklfjdjl $700B tilt package

I mean isn't that what this $700B bail out package is??? McCain, call it whatever the fuck you want, it's still a bail out package. What does he care. He already knows that the biggest mistake he made was putting Palin as VP. Her responses are akin to Miss Teen South Carolina, don't you think?

Those who are too lazy to go check out the youtube link, here's the vid. Sarah Palin first, then Miss Teen South Carolina.





And now, they are making changes to the bail out package to make it more passable? Oh my god... I'm on total politics tilt. But you know what? Go read this. He does a much better job ranting about it than I could.

Oh, and one more thing... they're getting rid of mark to market? I mean... get rid of all accounting standards and no more auditors. Let the Wall Street name its own price. Who cares if the assets are valid or not?

What a fuckin joke. I'm so pissed off I don't even know what else to say.

2 comments:

OhCaptain said...

I've been thinking about the $700,000,000,000 bailout this way. If you divide that by the current population of the US, 305,309,344, that is $2292.76/person. That's one heck of a stimulus package if you ask me.

If you break it down even further and assume that only people over the age of 18 can get a stimulus check, that turns out to 225,633,342 people each getting $3102.38

And the best number yet, if you give the stimulus only to those people that currently own a home and live in it then 75,086,485 would get a check for $9322.58. (This is based on the number of homes)

I took these numbers from the Census Bureao's web site.

I have no expectation that I should ever get a check like this from the government, but what is the goal of a bailout? If you want to stimulate the economy and get debt paid off, I'm sure I could do my share with nearly $10,000 extra.

katitude said...

Good lord. The mind just boggles.