Saturday, April 19, 2008

Running bad or playing bad...

I've been on somewhat of a cold streak. I haven't lost much but I haven't won anything. Especially at 2-4NL... which is supposed to be my bread and butter. When I was talking to LJ, she suggested that I post some hands... but I told her that I don't see too many hands where I feel like I played it wrong... it's either a set up hand or a bad beat... I think this hand illustrates how I've been running...

Full Tilt Poker Game #6091520406: Table Artie (6 max) - $2/$4 - No Limit Hold'em - 2:33:12 ET - 2008/04/19
Seat 1: leroyjetson ($405)
Seat 2: Realdeal1031 ($1,164.50)
Seat 4: FristSux ($566)
Seat 5: highfive1 ($611.65) <--- SB
Seat 6: RecessRampage ($406) <--- BB

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to RecessRampage [Td Jd]
leroyjetson folds
Realdeal1031 folds
FristSux raises to $13.70
highfive1 calls $11.70
RecessRampage raises to $54.80
FristSux folds
highfive1 calls $41.10

Typical squeeze here with JTs. SB calls a raise from the button and then calls my 3 bet. I'm guessing he's got some sort of an ace or a pocket pair.

*** FLOP *** [6d 7d Ad] <--- gin! perfect flop!
highfive1 checks
RecessRampage bets $80
highfive1 raises to $363.30 <--- must be a set
RecessRampage calls $271.20, and is all in
highfive1 shows [9d Kd] <--- I mean come on... K9s calls a 3 bet OOP and hits?
RecessRampage shows [Td Jd]
Uncalled bet of $12.10 returned to highfive1
*** TURN *** [6d 7d Ad] [As]
*** RIVER *** [6d 7d Ad As] [7c]
highfive1 shows a flush, Ace high
RecessRampage shows a flush, Ace high
highfive1 wins the pot ($822.70) with a flush, Ace high
RecessRampage adds $400

Honestly, this is very typical of how I've been running the past month. To say this is frustrating is an understatement. Problem is, I'm starting to become a little passive at times because I fear the bad beats... other times, I am spewy because I'm trying to overcompensate. These beats are affecting how I play and I don't even know how to stop it...

1 comment:

WillWonka said...

Hey,

Generally speaking (not really talking about this hand).

Squeeze play from BB? Standard? I guess my real question is does position really matter when you see the opportunity to squeeze? OK, I know it matters, but does it matter that much?