Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Moving on...

Thanks to everyone for their comments on my previous posts as well as those of you that changed their gchat status/emailed me personally/called me, etc. This was my first experience with losing a pet so I'm fine most of the time but there are times I have to adjust. Nonetheless, poker keeps my mind off of things... which I don't know if that's healthy or not... but I'm a degenerate to begin with so I guess that's a pointless debate.

Last night, I made another final table run in the Skillz series... which is ridiculous considering I know nothing about stud hi/lo. I mean I know how to play but I don't really know the strength of my holdings, etc. All I can do is pay attention to upcards, the potential of my hand, etc. There were quite a few times I folded what ended up being the best hand... like early on, I mucked AA in the hole on 6th street since it was unimproved... in a 4 way pot... only to see 77 take it down... yes, one pair. Of sevens. Took the high...

Well, anyways, I played tight, caught cards when I needed them most (read: all in) and managed to survive... but barely... as you can see below (courtesy of Hoy's screenshot).



This was at break and I didn't even have enough chips for the big blind... However, once again, I caught what I needed to catch when I needed to and next thing I know, we get to the final table and I'm no longer a short stack. I don't have any HHs or anything with me... So to make a long story short, I ended up coming in 4th place which is way better than what I expected and added to my lead in the $2k+ side prop bet that we got going. I love how all the prizes aren't enough that we had to make additional side bets... it's good though. It definitely adds more incentive to keep playing and keep playing well (or get lucky, if you're me).

1 comment:

BWoP said...

Congrats on the final table and the cash and the prop bet points!