Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Thinking is generally a good idea... (public apology)

So for those of you that know me well (my nonblogging friends), I tend to say or do shit without giving much thought sometimes (I use the term "sometimes" very liberally). Well, I had one of those moments today and it's nearly costing me a friendship (I say nearly cuz I haven't given up all hope). I'm not gonna link anyone here since everyone I will refer to are prominent bloggers who you would know who they are by me mentioning their names. (Plus I have a flight to catch in a few hrs)

I honestly can't believe I'm actually getting involved (or got myself involved would be a better term) in blogger drama. But more and more, my "real" world and blogger world are mixing/colliding so I guess it makes sense. So here's what happened.

I make my rounds on the blogging world and I come across Chad's post. I basically didn't read anything he wrote but I saw the pic of LJ on a photoshopped Bodog poster. I scroll down (because I wasn't reading it full screen) and I see a pic of Lucko and then Waffles in the corner. I thought this was funny because he was playing on the whole "everyone wants LJ" theme. So, I scrolled past the rest of the blog which I think were all pics and clicked on comment. I left a comment about how I thought was funny... even though I knew LJ wouldn't like the post itself because her picture was on the post and she likes to keep her personal life (pic, name, etc) away from the blog world.

Well, few minutes later, I tell LJ about the post, she goes and reads it and she's pissed. At me. Because of my comment which was essentially egging Chad on to keep posting stuff like that. Which was NOT my intent. But after rereading Chad's post, I saw why she was mad and I also saw how I was totally in support of what Chad wrote. So, for what it's worth, I deleted my comment. But the damage was done.

So here I am, publicly apologizing to LJ for being an idiot. I generally don't pick sides and I don't like to be involved in the "who are you friends with?" type of thing but after reading (reading, along with thinking is also generally a good idea) Chad's post, I will say that that was f*cked up. I will man up and say that I was retarded enough to not even pay attention to the fine details (which once you read it, you'd wonder how I missed it). If that qualifies me as a guy who wants to sleep with LJ or if that makes me ghey for taking back my comment, so be it. I know who I am and I don't have to justify that to anyone. But I do apologize for my dumbassness. This wasn't the first, nor would it be the last. But it's certainly not worth losing a friend over so hopefully, she will find it in her heart to forgive me.

I'm sorry.

5 comments:

Chad C said...

Its America, you are entitled to your opinion :) I know you don't kiss her ass like everyone else..... You would of been in the pic next to waffles if that were the case! But don't tell me anything was F*cked up about MY post. I do not care for your tone in this post, but you are entitled to think and type whatever you please. I will respect your wishes and erase your comment from my blog, I did not know the circumstances as to why you deleted it. Your post is very touching though, I am on the verge of tears :( You can delete this comment at any time.

lj said...

i thought we were clear that no blog post apology was necessary, but i appreciate the sentiment. mind blowing to me that chad doesn't think there is anything wrong w/ his post, but at this point i can't be surprised by anything chad does or says.

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

If I were in the pic, I think my initial comment woulda been ok...

John G. Hartness said...

Am I gonna have to subscribe to your comment feed too?

I saw Chad's photoshop art before I read Hoy's post of a couple days ago, so I also thought it was just Chad putting funny pictures together.

Of course, I dwell in my happy oblivion most of the time anyway, so it was late yesterday when I realized people were actually upset about stuff on blogs.

Oh well, an "I'm sorry" covers a lot of bases. So here you go -

I'm sorry you tied the world's record for shortest roll at the craps table.

:)

Unknown said...

Yeah.

I'm sorry too that you tired the world's record for shortest roll at the Craps table.

"What? It's Over?" - Falstaff