Saturday, June 2, 2007

A little donk on donk violence...

Not much poker for me this weekend since a friend of mine from college is back in town and so a few of us are heading down to a cabin down in southwest VA for some quiet... ok, scratch that. For some boozing, grilling and donking around. So, considering that this will be a slow weekend in terms of actual, meaningful poker, I just wanted to leave you with a little donk on donk violence that took place before my friend got here...

Full Tilt Poker Game #2560292795: Table John D'Agostino - $2/$4 - No Limit Hold'em - 17:37:46 ET - 2007/06/01

8 handed - I limp UTG with QJs <--- donk move #1
UTG + 1 calls
Folds around to SB who calls
BB/Villain who is a big stack bumps it to $20
I call <--- donk move #2 (I thought he could be doing this with a wide range of hands, most of which have me beat)
UTG+1 calls
SB folds

*** FLOP *** [Js 8c 4s] <--- top pair!
Villain checks <--- no c-bet on a board like this? AK?
RecessRampage bets $64 <--- pot sized bet to show strength considering limp UTG could be a sign of AA
UTG+1 folds
Villain calls $64 <--- donk move warning

*** TURN *** [Js 8c 4s] [Qc]
Villain bets $110 <--- serious donk move warning!!! Bad timing sir.
RecessRampage has 15 seconds left to act <--- just running all the options that he could have...
RecessRampage raises to $325.30, and is all in <--- he's a big stack, let's see if he doubles me up... if I'm beat here, then I deserve it
Villain calls $215.30 <--- uh oh...
RecessRampage shows [Qd Jd]
Villain shows [Ks As] <--- DONK MOVE!!!! 12 outs doesn't justify this call...

*** RIVER *** [Js 8c 4s Qc] [4c]
RecessRampage shows two pair, Queens and Jacks
Villain shows a pair of Fours
RecessRampage wins the pot ($839.60) with two pair, Queens and Jacks <--- boom! hey, I told you it was gonna be a donk on donk violence...



HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND!

No comments: