Friday, December 22, 2006

Still not poker related...

I honestly intend for this blog to be more poker related than anything else. Just haven't gotten to writing anything related to poker... weird. Today was kind of a sad day. Well, nothing kinda. My grandpa passed away. I was very close to him and I used to spend many summers with him when I was a kid because both of my parents worked. I remember staying up late at night, doing nothing really except listening to his stories or him playing along with whatever game my wild imagination came up with. I guess I'm not quite as sad because he was 87 and he was not in pain when he passed away. The only sad thing is that he is in Japan and I am in Virginia... a little far. And because of technicalities that I won't bother to get into, it would be tough for me to just go back home and expect to be back for work even though I have all of next week off. Unfortunate but such is life. I think my grandpa would understand. Oh well. I'll stop here. I swear, soon, I'm gonna write something poker related.... but then again, nobody might care... at least now. I don't think anyone reads my blogs right now... Good night now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your grandpa Alan. Let me know if there is anything I can do (I know 7 days have passed). It is never easy losing a grandparent escpecially one that you were close to. As you know I have lost 2 of my grandparents (both on my mom's side) in the last couple years, just remember the good times you all shared. I always find comfort telling others about them and the time we enjoyed together (i.e. Tennessee football).

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

Thanks man. I think the toughest thing is that I couldn't go home for his funeral. I'll definitely pay my respects once I get back there. Hopefully, soon!