Wednesday, December 27, 2006

A DVD player in the car!

I am personally not a big supporter for having a DVD player in the car... I always wondered how that may affect teaching kids the idea of patience (and the neverending question of "are we there yet?"). Having said that, since I don't have kids, I guess it's easy for me to say. Well, today, I was in the car for approx 8 hours and when I wasn't driving, I decided to check out the DVD player. The DVD? Why, WPT Season 3, of course. I love Christmas presents. I popped in the Tunica Open where the final table consisted of guys like Daniel Negreanu, Michael Mizrachi, Chiau Giang, Scotty Nguyen, and couple of internet qualifiers. Well, it was an awesome episode. Anytime Negreanu is at the final table, I think it makes for a good show because he's fun to watch. At one point, he was doing a Sexton and Patten imitation and it was hilarious... and that was the hand where he dealt a monster bad beat to Mizrachi.... so bad, that I gaped aloud when I saw the river.... Let me refresh the memories of those that don't remember (or never seen it). My chip count may be a little iffy but Negreanu had approximately 1.5 million in chips and was in the small blind. Mizrachi had approx 500,000 in chips and was in the big blind. Well, everyone folded around to Negreanu who looks down at 7-7 so he raises it another 100,000 (I think BB was 30,000). Mizrachi looks down at 8-8 and he goes all in. Negreanu, after some colorful commentary, calls. Well, if he hits the 7, that's not that bad. But here's how the hand went down. Flop comes out 6-9-10. Well, here's the sick part. One of the internet qualifiers folded 7-8. So the turn is a blank. Well, as you can tell, Negreanu hits the one-outer... 3%. OUCH! I'm a big fan of Negreanu but it hurt to watch Mizrachi get knocked out like that.... Who ended up winning the tourney? John Stoltzman (?), one of the internet qualifiers. But if you haven't seen this episode, you should try to find it somewhere. Great one.

Oh yeah, and I am liking the DVD player in the car....

No comments: