Saturday, December 23, 2006

poker and video games - perfect solution!

Recently, I'm not playing as much online poker as I used to, mainly because I'm hooked on video games... I've been playing a lot of NCAA 2007 and Rise of Nations. I guess that wouldn't mean much to nonvideo gamers but it's taking away from my poker time and I don't like it. However, whenever I am playing online poker, my mind keeps wandering away to the video games. Whether it's another country I need to conquer or another season I need to build my team towards National Championship... anyways, I digress. Yesterday though, I found a perfect solution. I normally play 1-2 NL but instead, I played .25/.50 NL while I was playing my PS2. Once I fold a hand, I can be totally into the video game. By the 4th quarter, the game is usally over so I can focus more on poker while I let the clock run out. Ok, admittedly, this sounds more like a bad case of A.D.D. but it works for me!

No comments: