Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve, poker, fantasy football, etc

So it's Christmas Eve. We didn't do anything special to celebrate this evening besides going to PF Chang's. That's always a good time. This is also week 16 of NFL when every game seem to have some sort of a playoff implication for someone. My beloved Steelers got creamed (again) by the Baltimore Ravens... that means whatever minimal chance they had to make the playoffs is now gone. This was also the "superbowl" for our fantasy football league. I participate in two leagues and last year, I won one of them but I did not make the playoffs for that league. However, in my other league, I made it to the "superbowl"! It was a close game between my team and the villain but as it stands right now, barring any scoring updates, it appears that we lost... by 1! That hurts. If Willie Parker didn't fumble... if Drew Brees performed better.... if Larry Fitzgerald got 9 more yards..... yeah, I know. It looks like I'd have to settle for a second place prize.

Right now, FullTilt has a promotion going where if you earn 300 points in a day, you are eligible for a drawing for a pretty cool prize (yesterday was a 19" monitor, today is a digital camera, etc). You're also eligible for some cash prize at lower point increments as well. Well, I'm a sucker for points and promotions so I'm back it, playing a fair amount of poker. I'm still not at the level that I was about a year ago when I was literally 3 or 4 tabling and playing 5-6 hrs a day. I wasn't really making much money doing that (it's almost impossible for me to pay attention to that many people at once). So I still don't know how guys do 8 tables at once. I'd actually love to see that one day. I'm a pretty loyal customer at FullTilt but I have to admit, their points are hard to earn. Basically, you get points based on the rake of the hand that you are dealt. The maximum rake for a hand is $3 but at 1-2 NL, it's pretty rare for it to get that much. Basically, at a 1-2NL table, you probably earn approximately 60 points per hour. So if you think about it that way, that's a lot of poker. Good thing I took some time off. I'll be playing plenty this week. I am hoping that soon, I would start posting actual hands like I intended to when I first started this blog...

No comments: