Monday, December 25, 2006

Aaaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!

I just busted out of the tournament.... I came in 28th place overall, paying me a whoppin $118... for over 3 hrs of hard work. My last hand was like this... The blinds were 1200/2400 with 250 ante. I am in late position with KQ of hearts. So I raise to 7200 which has been standard and usually enough to take down the pot preflop. The table was playing relatively tight. But not overly tight. Just tight in a nobody is getting out of line type of way. So when the big blind called, I figured he had a decent hand, maybe ace with a high kicker or couple of face cards, maybe middle pocket pair. Flop comes down K-J-3 with two diamonds. He goes all in which was enough to cover my approx 30000 in chips. I was probably like around 18th in chips at that point. I thought about it till the very end and I decided that doubling up here will give me a good chance to make a move towards the final table. Keep in mind the all-in was a big overbet to the flop so I actually thought that maybe he was bluffing with a draw. KJ also crossed my mind but it didn't seem to make sense to overbet a monster like that. Anyways, I call, he has AK and my hand doesn't improve so I busted out in 28th place (out of 429). I got lucky quite a few times in this tournament so I probably had no business (not probably, definitely) being there at that point anyways but it still sucks. Getting knocked out of a tournament is still a very sh*tty feeling...

No comments: