Monday, March 2, 2009

This IS the South, y'all!

This might be hilarious for those up north but down here in VA, things shut down when we get like an inch or two of snow... so when we got 5+ inches of snow, um yeah, it's like an apocalypse. Sure enough, I wake up this morning and the first thing I do is boot up my work pute to check my email to see if we are open today. First off, I can't even log on to the work network. It appears that the server is down.

I look outside and the roads in my neighborhood isn't even cleared. So I pull the ol' "eff it" maneuver and go back to bed. I woke up once again to attempt to check the email. This time, it works and sure enough, there's an email that says 1) campus is closed today (weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!) and 2) our server is intermittent. So, I guess I will be "working from home" today. The thing is, I really don't want to have to make up any work later so chances are, I will be doing some real work.

Last night, this is what it looked like and my guess was that regardless of whether the campus is open or not, I would be working from home since the roads in our neighborhood would definitely not be cleared up and my convertible is not ideal for a ride in the snow. Plus, I don't really need much of an excuse to work from home.



This morning, this is what it looked like. Yeah, yeah, I know. This IS the South!



2 comments:

Josh said...

Thats quite funny. The scenes above are a daily occurance where I live ( New Brunswick, Canada ). We recently had a storm surge drop 35 centimers (approx 14 inches ) in a 24 hour period......Work was open the next day and the roads were clear to travel. Schools stayed open and it was just another typical day in the north ;)

lj said...

nice pics! you should post more!