Monday, March 16, 2009

I'm the worst Japanese ever

Have you ever been to Hawaii?

Ok, or any other tourism heavy spot like pretty much anywhere in NY, Orlando, Hollywood, Vegas etc? Hawaii would be the best and Gnome/Kuro (lucko, Kuro does NOT live in Hawaii, unlike Gnome) can probably attest to this but a typical Japanese would have... holy shit, as I started this sentence, I realized that I'm gonna date myself on the last time I saw a Japanese tourist. I was gonna say that a typical Japanese would have a camera with a strap around his neck but I just realized that these days, the cameras are so small (or they use the camera on their phones) so maybe you don't see that as much. My point was going to be that usually, a Japanese tourist does a great job of taking pictures, capturing their memories/favorite sceneries, yadda yadda... whatever it is that they do, they take a picture of it.

So, being that I was going up to DC to watch the Wizards play the Magic (that's NBA for those that aren't familiar), I charged up the batteries on my digital camera, fully intending to capture the awesomeness of the corporate box suite that we got free tix to and maybe a glimpse of Superman/Dwight Howard.

Plan was a solid one too. Since I was gonna be in DC, brackchips from brack&brue suggested that we meet up before the game. I won't out you his screenname but I was pretty psyched to meet up with a guy that I had played with at 400NL quite a bit on Fulltilt (fuckin aggro monkey bastard). I get to the bar kinda early and so I start off my picture taking solid. We met up at this brewery restaurant called Chophouse so I start off with their amber ale and take a pic of their beer menu.



Very awesome place and Brack shows up while I'm finishing off my second beer. The beers went down smooth, it was fun talking to him and when my buddy from Richmond came (he came later due to work reasons), it was time to go to the game. We headed to the Verizon Center which was a block away and got to the company suite which is now located at the half court line (as opposed to the corner that it used to be). We treated ourselves to free food and free drinks, enjoyed what ended up being a closer game than expected and had a blast... of course, I completely forgot about my camera in my computer bag so sure enough, despite all my good intentions, the beer menu was the only pic I took...

Seriously, if you guys ever go out with me, make sure to NOT make me the designated photo guy... because there will not be any memories captured... I bring shame to the Japanese tourist stereotype...

2 comments:

lj said...

i have never seen as many japanese tourists as i did when i went to hawaii. so bummed there's no pic of you guys together, would have been so cute.

Gnome said...

Camera Fail.