Sunday, February 1, 2009

Real quick thought before the Superbowl

As I sit at home by myself getting ready for the Superbowl, here are some quick thoughts.

No doubt, by now, you know I'm a Steelers fan. I actually looked up tickets to the Superbowl but decided that I just couldn't shell out $1800+ for a ticket... Having said that, as I watch the opening ceremony on NBC, I wish I was there...

I think this game is going to be a lot closer thatn most people think. The Cardinals are hot at the right time and really, that's all that matters. The funny thing is, even down the stretch in the final few weeks of the regular season, they couldn't beat anyone who was actually good. Sure, they beat St Louis and Seattle but who didn't? So, coming in to the playoffs, it didn't look like they had much of a chance... and then next thing you knew, they beat Atlanta, Carolina, and Philadelphia to get here. It's one thing to beat one of them... to be able to beat all of them together is some serious shit.

I also wonder if our lack of a solid running game (as compared to 3 years ago when we won the whole thing) would hurt us. You obv don't want to get into a shoot out with the Cardinals. And Cardinals D is getting no love despite them starting to play well...

I also question Tomlin's decision making sometimes and I wonder how much the coaching could come in to play. Whiz and Grimm are obviously going to want to prove to the Steelers that they are better than Tomlin by winning this game. Don't get me wrong, I love Tomlin... but there were numerous times during the season where I would say "WTF!!! Go for the points!!! What are you doing!?"

Ah, but what the hell. Kick off is coming up in a few minutes so I'm just gonna enjoy this game.

No comments: