Sunday, August 10, 2008

You know you're lucky when...

I check my email and find this...

cashier@fulltiltpoker.com to me
show details 6:45 PM (6 hours ago) Reply


This is an automated message sent from Full Tilt Poker.

Full Tilt Poker Tournament #53538117 Iron Man $30,000 Freeroll NL Hold'em
Buy-In: $0.00
462 players
Total Prize Pool: $30000.00
Start Date: August 9 4:45 PM ET

Dear RecessRampage,

You finished the tournament in 164th place.
There has been $75.00 added to your account.

Congratulations!
Thank you for participating.

Funny thing is, we met with the realtor today at 6pm. This tournament started at 4:45. And I was working out so I didn't really log on until 5:10pm... just with the intent of doubling up or busting... but doing neither... I just won a biggish pot to enter into 1st break with approximately 3600 chips. I hopped in the shower, closed down my laptop and figured it's just a freeroll and I wouldn't last to the money. Nothing like playing in a tournament for maybe 15-20 minutes, sitting out the rest of the time and getting paid. Man, tournaments are easy. :)

4 comments:

OhCaptain said...

Very funny. Hope everything else is running that good for you.

Riggstad said...

Ruck Sack!

Anonymous said...

Ha. I'd say you should have called me to play for you but then again...if you did...you'd be $75.00 less rich.

Next time.

-PouringReign

tilt away said...

Funny, I did the same thing (grant it, I'm no iron man). I started late, tried to double up, but only was able to get from T2000 to T3200 in 30 minutes. Then had to leave. When I left, was was around 200 of 700 or so left, so I thought I wouldn't make the money (180 got paid). When I finally checked, I finished 176. Go free money.