Monday, January 7, 2008

Giving Bayne a run for his money

Yesterday (Sunday), I played what I would consider an insane amount of poker... Amazingly, I'm loving every minute of it. It's weird how much I actually love this game. It also helps that I made the switch to 6 max. I don't know what took me so long but 6 max is so much more fun. I can unleash my inner aggro donkey and still get some free passes... of course, sometimes, I turn into a crazy spew monkey too...

I know I've mentioned here before but Bayne and I decided to bet a Mookie buy-in to see who clears their bonus first. Now admittedly, January is one of the worst months in terms of work because of the year end reporting and shit we have to do... but then again, it's only a job... Certainly not worth the Mookie buy-in that I may win from Bayne (and of course, the infinite bragging rights that will come with said win).

On 1/1 and 1/2, I was enjoying my last moments in Japan. As soon as I got back though, I was back to playing poker... and a lot of it. See below.



The 2,200 points I earned yesterday I believe surpasses my previous high of 1,088... which I got the day before. Ok, I may have had another 1,000 pt day before but it's a very rare occurrence. I can hear FullTilt execs just laughing at me. Taunting me, even. Pointing at my silly asian avatar and laughing as they swim in the tub of rake that I am generating for them. I can hear it. "There's that sucker that TOTALLY fell for our promotion! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!"

And yet... I don't care. I'm so determined to a) clear that bonus and b) beat Bayne and c) get enough experience in 6 max games that under normal circumstances would take me 3 months to gain. The new pokertracker for Mac needs to come out soon so I can see how many hands I've logged in and such. It should easily be the most ever...

What I also want to do is analyze my hands. I really miss that part. Of course, one may wonder why I haven't restored my Dell. Well, I got a new HD for it. But I'm having problems loading everything on to it... and since my Mac works ok (even though its wireless is continuing to give me problems), I can't be bothered with fixing a computer right now. But I know there are some hands I played well, others where I spewed chips for no reason and I really would like to be able to differentiate the two.

Well, with or without HHs, I will start posting my thoughts on 6 max soon. In the meantime, I really hope Cmitch and Gnome continues posting some solid cash strategies since as of right now, I'll take whatever free help I can get. (Yes, Cmitch, I swear, I will eventually sign up for CR).

4 comments:

Eric a.k.a. Bone Daddy said...

holy shit, that is a lot of hands in one weekend. I hear the full tilt brass have a side bet as to who has a mentle breakdown first in trying to clear the bonus.

As for 6 max, that sounds pretty cool as I was planning on making the switch too.

cmitch said...

Very nice. Sounds like you played a ton of hands. I'm jealous - I've been basically working non-stop since Jan. 2.

Six max is so much more fun than full ring because you get to (have to) play so many more hands and your opponents seem to tilt a lot quicker.

GL being the 1st to clear the bonus.

KajaPoker said...

how many hands do you have to play to get that many points? How many table? hours? I can barely crack 50 points a day.

I loved the old switchero they pulled with having to clear the bonus. smart.

Gnome said...

Glad you're liking 6 max. At this rate, you'll have more shorthanded experience than anyone alive in no time!