Sunday, July 27, 2008

Pinky update

I feel like I've been talking a lot about my pinky and not much about poker... Work is uber busy and I have not left work before 9pm... wait, have I already mentioned that? Not much time to play poker after 12-13 hr work days...

Well, so be it. On Friday, I went to the doctor so he could take out the stitches. That was the first time I saw my post op pinky.

Just as a warning, the pic is kinda nasty...

you have been warned...



The pinky is still swollen so it looks pretty crooked but the x ray shows that it's back in place. Now, my operation was a joint fusion, which means they join the two bones with the pins. However, the doctor told me that since I left it that way for such a long time, my bones were so fragile that they put in 3 pins as opposed to the normal 2 pins that they use. You can see the pins clearly in this xray...



Here's the view from the side of the pinky. Here's the picture from the side.



I will not be able to use my pinky to play ball for another month or so but besides that, my left hand is now back in commission so I won't have any difficulty with my normal daily tasks (ie cooking, doing dishes, mowing the lawn, etc etc). Not that it mattered last week since I ordered in at work every night. Poor me. :)

BONUS update: I am approximately $30 away from clearing my $600 bonus. I saw that my nemesis has already cleared his... good thing I didn't have a prop bet going this time. Though for a guy who keeps claiming that I'm too busy, I did achieve Gold Star in PS and ironman in FTP... maybe my idea of "not getting to play too much" is different from most people...

5 comments:

Shrike said...

Quite clearly you are a poker degen machine with no need to sleep ...

Bayne_S said...

you are points tard.

Anonymous said...

i'm not sure i want to see pics of your pinky anymore. I'm just sayin'

PouringReign

SirFWALGMan said...

totally gross.

another side effect is going to be the strip search they give you at the airport everytime you go in. The big fat slobering guy with the beer belly is already getting his latex gloves ready for you.

Have fun.

Anonymous said...

Waffles took a job as a TSA gate checker? Who'd have thought.