Sunday, December 6, 2009

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

It's official... (click on pic to zoom in new screen)



So I didn't quite break 1:43... instead I came in 1:43 flat. That sucks. I mean I'm happy with the time but to be so close to being on the 1:42's and not getting there blows. Even worse... see where it says "AgeGrade"? (you will if you click on the picture dammit)... well, I'm at 57.6% which no matter what you're talking about or what it means, anything in the 50ish percentile can't be good. Sure enough, this is what it says about the AgeGrade...

Age-Graded Results

"AGE-GRADED" results are calculated using tables developed by the World Association of Veteran Athletes (the world governing body for masters track and field, long distance running and race walking). These tables were first published in 1989 and are frequently updated. The tables can be used in two ways: first, by comparing your time to a standard for your sex and age, you can determine your Performance Level Percent. These percentages can be interpreted as follows:
100% = Approximate World-Record Level
Over 90% = World Class
Over 80% = National Class
Over 70% = Regional Class
Over 60% = Local Class

So in other words, I'm not even local class... awesome. Granted, I'm not even in the top 10 percentile of men (685 out of 6505) so clearly, I have some work to do. Man, I never shoulda pulled up the official results. I was fairly content with what I got but now, I feel belittled. Fuckin runners.

I did get a cool finisher's medal though... it's heavy! (really is, actually kinda impressive)

9 comments:

SirFWALGMan said...

Break even 50% baby! That's the way to do it! Booyah!

Bayne_S said...

Grats on being the waffles of running

Unknown said...

Neat medal. I like it.

OK. Dude. I might just be saying this because your age grade and mine were EXACTLY the same (at the Denver Half), but here goes:

You not only just finished a fucking HALF MARATHON, Mr. Basketball Player, but you kicked its ass. Please. Let's take a closer look:

You are VERY CLOSE to local class. And you really don't do things that will make you faster, i.e. tempo runs or intervals (tho it's possible basketball serves this purpose somewhat at least). Just imagine if you did. And this is, what, your second one? Like, ever? And you don't even know how to pace very well yet, and yet you also finished REALLY strong. This was a very solid effort, one that I quite frankly would be thrilled with.

So shut up. You did great. Just do better next time.

Matt said...

Amen, peaker.

Seriously, I read these and thought to myself "that's pretty fucking sick." And you're boo-hooing yourself over it.

Think about the fact that you can call yourself a half-marathoner now. Take that medal, wear it around this weekend in pride, and use it to score as many free drinks from bloggers as you can.

Use your disappointment as motivation, not frustration as this post sounds like.

Matt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I agree with everything that Matt said.

Except for the part about wearing the medal.

Cause if you do that I'm wearing the six I've gotten this year from my halves.

And we'll both look like tools. :)

jamyhawk said...

Congrats on your accomplishment.

Love the medal. Rip off the ribbon and it makes a great card protector...

Anonymous said...

Unequivocally, ideal answer

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You may , perhaps very interested to know how one can make real money .
There is no initial capital needed You may begin earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with affiliates around the world.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your choice That`s what you really need!

I feel good, I began to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper partner who uses your money in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://uqivebejej.freewebportal.com/delubyly.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life